Friday 22 September 2017

WHAT TO EAT?




I have just bought and eaten a whole Twirl when taking my granddaughter to school. I had to bribe her, you see, and once in the shop by the chocolate counter I sort of found myself with the Twirl in my hand [I love Twirls] and was through the checkout and in the car park before you could say Cadbury’s.

But guys! I have a clear idea of what I should be eating, and why. I understand the dangers of consistently eating processed, refined foods. I am aware of how much better/thinner/lively I would be if I ate more fresh, raw vegetables. What I am trying to say is that the Twirl is not an isolated incident.

Old habits die hard, and I was brought up on the same diet that most people had in the 60’s and 70’s. It included a lot of toast, beefburgers, sausages and Vesta Curries. [I’m not complaining Mum, I enjoyed it at the time.] Quinoa hadn’t been invented and seeds were things you sowed in the allotment during the spring, not things that the nutritionally aware sprinkled on their porridge.
But here’s the thing; nearly all of my family have diabetes now AND THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL for me. I am a good 2 stones overweight and although I am losing a steady 1lb a week, which is healthy, I sneak a Twirl and a packet of ginger nuts for a reward and I put it back on again.

I was inspired recently by a woman in Norway. She paid a GP a lot of money for a diet plan that was exactly the same as the one in my head that I think I am on. Except she was sticking to it. I think she was sticking to it because she paid so much money for it and the one in my head costs me nothing.

So, I am making an announcement. The next time it is my turn and not Moo’s to post on here is 29th – exactly a week away. It is one day before I go to Portugal on holiday [which is another thing but hey] – and I will honest-to-goodness post here if I managed to lose any weight by getting the meal plan out of my head and onto my plate and by pretending that I have paid shed loads of money for it.

Do you think I can do it?


No comments:

Post a Comment