Friday 9 November 2018

Hygge time again



I’ve just got back from walking the dog and am happily ensconced with a cup of tea on the sofa wrapped in a warm and generously proportioned jumper. I may not have an open fire crackling in the grate but it feels like I have, I’m so comfy. I have to stop myself from getting up to put another log on the imaginary fire. This is my English version of hygge with knobs on, and I love it.

It’s a soul-wrenchingly beautiful autumn morning out there, so beautiful that I have to have a sit down to recover. I love these autumn days as the year is dying. To be out there where the colours are so vivid and the air is crisp but slightly misty in the mornings. The grass is wet and the dew is still hanging in the spider webs among the teasels. The sun is struggling to stay out before the grey clouds win the battle and the day becomes dull and damp. It won’t be long before the weather turns foul, if you can believe the forecast.

Once again I feel a rush of gratitude to my dog for existing and giving me a reason for getting out in the early morning.

I have to go out later this morning in the wild wet weather, but I’m well prepared. Thanks to Lola, Kate’s dog, eating my coat last week it’s been replaced by a far superior one I found in a sale at the weekend. It’s great, a proper dog-walking-in-all weathers sort of coat. So, bring it on! It only makes coming home more pleasurable.



No comments:

Post a Comment