Friday 21 December 2018

I am staying calm...



I am seriously behind.

I know that this is true because I have been looking through Instagram posts at everybody else and they are ready for Christmas. My tree is as big as an entire forest, and that is after it had been pruned back while it was still in the living room, and bits of the twigs are still on the carpet. It is not decorated; though the ladder needed to erect it has been left handily between the armchairs for the last 2 days so that somebody [anybody?] can start to put up the fairy lights. So far there have been no takers.


The gammon joint I bought to boil is too big for the pan and is not cooking properly.


 All the flowers I had gaily dotted about the house to welcome our visitors have died...


 
Flower Morgue

Added to all this is the fact that I ate nine chocolates yesterday because one of my children left a giant box of dairy milk lying around and I was hungry. That is not bad in itself because I like chocolate, but I am trying to lose weight and that was pure gluttony. And that makes me feel bad.

However.

I reckon that the visitors that I am having don’t care too much about the fairy lights on the tree. OK, they do, but they won’t stress if I ask them for help to put them up. They won’t notice if there are no flowers if I greet them with a cup of tea and some bourbon biscuits.

 And I will just roll the gammon over and cook it twice as long.


What I have learned from my worst-organised-Christmas-ever, is that it isn’t the disaster that I thought it would be because I am staying calm. And that is my Christmas gift to you, my friends. Stay calm and let the situations just flow on by without getting upset. 

We can always decorate the tree tomorrow….

No comments:

Post a Comment